Halloween- October

The month of October has flown by. We are already half way through the semester and I have learned so much from each module. We have already covered Basic Principles and Inflammation, Infectious Disease and the Autonomic Nervous System. My personal favorite has been the infectious disease module because my undergraduate degree is in Microbiology and Immunology so I was able to put together my previous knowledge and what I learned in this module to better understand how the drug works in fighting an infection. We are currently now going through the cardiovascular module which I have enjoyed learning how to read ECGs and being able to apply my knowledge in the cardio unit to a scenario in the simulation lab. These past modules have not been easy and require a lot of time to preview before and review after a class, but is essential to succeed. 

I also have been able to volunteer at the LASPCA animal shelter. Where I have learned a lot about the rules and regulation that New Orleans Parish has and as well as what they do to help these animals find a forever home. I have also had the chance to help out in a community cooking class with families where they teach those families how to cook nutritious and healthy meals for their home in a way where it does not take a lot of time out of your day to prepare. I have learned a lot from cooking with them and have applied some of the recipes to my daily life. 

Some fun things I have done in NOLA I was able to attend Octoberfest and Beignet Fest. Where I stuffed my face will all different kinds of beignets from sweet to salty. I love that NOLA has all different kinds of festivals and can’t wait to try them all out. 





Service Hours: 7.5

Total: 11.5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quarantine Month 1- March

We're Done!- April

New To NOLA - September