No November


We practically did not have a month November. Before I knew it I was home for Thanksgiving Break and it became the first day of December. We have been through two modules the Cardiac Unit and the Renal/ Pulmonary Module. Both were extremely challenging in which it caused me to review the concepts multiple times and also use my stick figure artistic skills to draw different pathways to better understand.
I finally got to home after two months of being away from my family. This is the longest I have been away from them and I missed them and my dogs so much. They were very excited to see come home for a few days. We spent Thanksgiving this year in Mexico City eating tacos on the street instead of turkey. We visited many towns around the city that were filled with historic pyramids from the Mayan years and even before that.
This month I continued volunteering for the LASPCA. For the first time I choose to walk and socialize with the dogs. The easy part was socializing and petting but the hardest part was walking them. The dogs had so much strength that instead of walking them they were walking me. But it was nice to cuddle with the dogs since I missed mine at home.
Another side volunteering I will be doing for the coming year is raising a service dog in training for Canine Companions for Independence. This is an organization where they match people with disabilities and needs with a service dog free of charge. I have been doing this volunteering since the being of college and it is nice that I will be able to continue doing it.



Service Hours:2  

Total Hours: 13.5 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quarantine Month 1- March

We're Done!- April

New To NOLA - September