New To NOLA - September

Moving only 868 miles away from home has been difficult. Not seeing your family or your dogs running towards you once you step through the door is a habit I did not want to get used to. But I always remember that these new adjustments I did it to benefit myself. I also chose a city in which there is plenty to do, so distractions are easy to come by, also technology, aka Facetime, helps a lot too. 

This month has flown by with two exams done and a million more to go. Being a part of the Tulane Masters in Pharmacology, I have met so many wonderful professors and people who have helped through the tough times during classes and exams. Without them I would have not had the clarity and the success that I have so far. Having the flexibility to ask questions to the professors and study as a team helps a lot in this program.

One weekend we spent the day to volunteer at NOLA on Tap. It is an LASPCA event in which they fundraise money by having a beer fest and meanwhile showing off their dogs who are available to adopt. The benefit about this event is that you can bring in your dog to the festival. Fortunately, I signed up as the ID checker so I was able to see every kind of dog pass by. Being able to pet every dog was the highlight of that day, even though I stood for more than 4 hours, but it was worth it. 

I hope I will be able to get as many weekends as I can with dogs. I have signed up to be a part of the volunteering program at the LASPCA, so I am sure it will  definitely  happen. I also am excited to go out and explore NOLA since I haven't toured anything yet. Hopefully we will get a slight break from all the studying and all the house work. But for now catch me sitting in Room 4700 studying. 




             Service Hours: 4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quarantine Month 1- March

We're Done!- April