Happy Mardi Gras Season! - Feb



It's my first Mardi Gras Season! I am so excited to experience this holiday here. Even though a lot of events aka the Shelf exam is coming up. I'm glad we celebrate this fun weekend and then we grind for the big exam. I am also planning to re-take the MCAT again and I am bit nervous taking exams but I feel like I can do it. Class has been less demanding because of the big exam coming up, but they are covering really interesting topics like neurology and what kinds of none recreational drugs, as well as psychiatric disorders. These are really helpful because some of these diseases people can relate too. Especially, anxiety and depression disorders where I think we go through at some point in our lives. But all these drugs and disorders we learn how to manage them through the book we are reading in which it brings a lot of topics for discussion. 


I also had the chance to do two volunteer events in which I really enjoyed. We volunteered at the Rock n Roll Marathon in the main tent where we interacted with volunteer doctors and medical students with runner who come in dehydrated or pulled something. It was very entertaining being able to triage in the tent as well as use my pharmacology knowledge to the test. It was a long day but 

I really enjoyed it and being able to interact with patients. 
I was also able to judge a science fair for middle schoolers. Many of them came with really interesting topics and I am glad I got to inspire them with the scientific background I already have. According the science fair coordinator, we inspired many students to pursue a science career in the future, and I am glad I had the possibility to do that. I will definitely want to judge another kid contest again. 














Judging: 4
Med Tent Marathon: 9
Final Volunteer Hours: 14 hours

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quarantine Month 1- March

We're Done!- April

New To NOLA - September